Why Choose Our Academy?
Are All Dance Studios the Same? Here’s why The Ballard & Shoreline Academy of Music & Dance is the right choice
- Our instructors are university trained and able to teach a broad range of dance formats, for all ages of students.
- Small Class Sizes – 7-9 per class for ages 2-6 and a 10-12 per class for ages 6 and up
- Studio equipped with floating Marley Dance Floor which helps reduce the risk of injuries and allows students to dance longer without getting tired
- Choice of more than 1 teacher for each dance type to fit your child’s personality and learning style
- Mirrors that start at floor level so that dancers can see their feet from any place on the dance floor
- Students or parents are never required to fund raise for studio events
- Ability to take music lessons at the same location and save travel time between activities!
- Our smaller class sizes allow students to get more individual instruction and corrections from teachers, and as a result progress at a faster level than in a large class environment.
- Our smaller class sizes also ensure that the teacher can catch and correct any problems before they turn into bad habits or improper techniques, that could lead to injury.
- Our "Floating" Dance Floor rests on a system of high density foam to absorb the shock and impact of regular dance movement. This benefits students by reducing fatigue and preventing injury that can result from dancing on hard surfaces.
- The top layer of our flooring surface is a professional vinyl composite "marley" floor similar to the surfaces used by the Royal Winnipeg Ballet, the Royal Academy of Dancing in London, England and shows such as Riverdance. This marley floor surface has a certain amount of controlled slip to allow for sliding in dance movement, but is not slippery like common tiles found in most other dance studios.
- We believe Dance lessons can teach life lessons. Teamwork, dedication, accountability, and respect for oneself and others, are just some of the many lessons that go hand in hand with dance lessons at our academies.